Jun 13, 2011

Beyonce's '4' Leaks!


Yes, Queen B's '4' has leaked. I was one of the first to take a listen to the 'early release' of her new album but I decided to take my time and come up with a few solid points before blogging about it. The album has been receiving positive reviews from critics and fans alike. Beyonce seems to have left the club bangers behind on this album. Instead, she lets her voice do all the work and shines on many of the albums mid-tempos. 

I'm impressed with the change in sound, the album's complete production credits haven't been released as of yet but we do know she enlisted a few different producers to work on the album. I'm particularly liking the spacey electronic elements on 'I Care', 'I Miss You' and 'I Was Here', definitely a different sound for her but it works. 

Overall, Beyonce presents good quality music with an impeccable vocal performance on each track. That being said, I don't think this album will be flying to the top of the charts with a single anytime soon. Ultimately, I think this album will sit well with fans who respect and know her true talent as a performer.

My favourites: 

I Care
I Miss You
Start Over
I Was Here

What do you think of the album?

No comments:

Post a Comment