May 24, 2010

Ne-Yo preps "Libra Scale"!


Grammy award winning singer, songwriter and producer Ne-Yo will release his fourth studio album, "Libra Scale" later this year. The album is preceded by the single, "Beautiful Monster" which will debut this week. Take a look at the single's official cover artwork and listen to a snippet of it below and let me know what you think!



Granted its only a snippet of the chorus, I can't say I'm overly impressed. I really enjoyed some of the material from Ne-Yo's last album (see 'Closer') which displayed somewhat of a varied sound for him as an artist. I'll have to reserve judgement until the full song leaks, but at this stage I can't help but compare it to Beyonce's "Sweet Dreams" ('...or a beautiful nightmare, either way I...'). What do you think of Ne-Yo's latest work?

1 comment:

  1. I think he's taking it to a next level, just like Kelly Rowland did! Putting some euro-eletronic-rave type of thing. I think only this song will use this kind of rave-ish background beats (see 'Blood by Blood Rave'). The rest will carry a more eletronic background.

    ReplyDelete