Jun 18, 2009

New Featurette: "Undeservingly Unnoticed!"

There's not much happening in the world of music today, so I thought now would be a good time to introduce a new feature. I'm calling this one "Undeservingly Unnoticed!" and it's aim is to light up all the artists who I feel haven't had enough exposure and deserve a little more success. 
This week I'm going to introduce two artists who I feel deserve a little more respect. Firstly, Emily King, a singer/songwriter who group up in New York. Her debut album, "East Side Story" was released in 2007 and was nominated for Best Contemporary R&B album at the 2008 Grammy's. The album is quite good for a debut and I enjoyed her smooth vocals and catchy lyrics. My favourites from the album include, "Walk In My Shoes", "U & I", "Colourblind", "Ain't No Sunshine" and "Alright".
Secondly, I'd like to feature Kelly King (no, they're not related). She's got great vocals and has been compared to the likes of Celine Dion (wow). The album is nothing wonderful, but it does showcase her awesome voice which I hope we'll be hearing more of in the future. My favourite tracks from the album "Live The Dream" are, "I Don't Wanna Sing That Song", "Dreamer" and "I'm A Fool". 

Take a look at both their MySpace pages below and let me know what you think.
Kelly King - MySpace
Emily King - MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment