Apr 10, 2010

Christina Aguilera Update!


The first single, "Not Myself Tonight" from Christina Aguilera's upcoming album, "Bionic" has premiered! The track was produced and written by Polow Da Don. Listen to it below and let me know what you think!




My initial thoughts were "this is not #1 material", however after a few listens the track has grown on me. I think we have a top ten hit here, and while nothing phenomenal, the track sees Aguilera back in the "Stripped" era almost serving this single up as "Dirrty Pt. 2". As usual, "Tonight" features powerhouse vocals that only Aggie can deliver which remind of why I was always so intrigued by her. I'm hoping that the other material from her album has a bit more substance to this, but in the meantime I can't wait to see what she'll be serving up this time. Her concepts are always so interesting, and with an album cover like that, "Bionic" is undoubtedly one of the year's most highly anticipated projects.

In related news, songwriter Claude Kelly recently spoke about working with Aguilera and compared one of their collaborations "Glam" to today's "Vogue" (Madonna). "Glam" is reportedly produced by Tricky Stewart and has been talked about for quite a while now, so I'm expecting it to be one of the project's highlights. There is no news on a music video for "Not Myself Tonight" as of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment