Apr 10, 2010

Tracklisting: Toni Braxton - Pulse!


With the release of Toni Braxton's upcoming album, "Pulse" not too far away (5 May), I thought I'd do a quick update of what's been happening with the project.

Two videos have been shot for "Hands Tied" and "Make My Heart". Both were directed by Billie Woodruff who also did the clip for "Yesterday". There is no word of a release date for the clips, but hopefully we'll be seeing something soon.

The tracklisting has finally been released. Peep what songs made the cut below and let me know what you think!

1. Yesterday
2. Make My Heart
3. Hands Tied
4. Woman
5. If I Have To Wait
6. Lookin’ At Me
7. Wardrobe
8. Hero
9. No Way
10. Pulse
11. Why Won't You Love Me

While I'm happy with their choice on the most part, I can't help but point out the absense of "My Ring's Too Heavy (The Wave)", "Melt" and "Get Loose", all of which were pure Toni in my opinion. Another thing that must be added here is that, all of these songs have leaked! The mastered versions may vary slightly, but in essence the entire album can already be downloaded.

Toni begins promotion for the album shortly, with appearances already booked on Ellen (27/04), The Today Show (4/05), Wendy Williams (5/05) and George Lopez (26/05). There is no indication as to whether or not she'll perform, however I'm sure we'll see a mini-concert type performance on The Today Show.

There have been a few more leaked songs from past recording sessions. One of my favourites is "Save Me", previously recorded by Jordin Sparks for her debut album. Listen to Toni's version below and let me know what you think!


I'm a huge Toni fan so I'll definitely be buying her album when it drops. I'm very interested to see how this legendary R&B singer will perform sales wise. I think a first week sales figure of around 200 000 would be a great achievement for her, but I'm just not sure she's still got the following she used to have. Will you be picking up a copy of "Pulse"?

No comments:

Post a Comment