Apr 10, 2010

Mariah Carey returns to the studio!

After the flop that was "Memoirs" Mariah Carey planned to release a remix album, "Angels' Advocate". Much to my liking, the project was shelved and now she returns to the studio with longtime collaborators Jermaine Dupri and Bryan Michael Cox. Peep a picture of the superstars in the studio below and let me know what you think!


Everyone knows I'm the biggest MC fan, but this has me speechless. I really think Mariah should've gone away for a year or two and returned with some phenomenal material (see "The Emancipation of Mimi"). To be honest, with rumours of a remix album, an entire new album and a Christmas album I actually don't think Mariah even knows what she's working on at the moment.

I'm thinking she could be going with some type of 'tribute to herself project'. Her 20th anniversary in the industry is upon us (13 June 1990) and it wouldn't be farfetched to assume that JD is trying to recreate a "20 Y.O." project similar to that of Janet Jackson. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether or not this project will include entirely new material or be some rehash of her older hits/Christmas classics. I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment