Nov 13, 2009

New Music: Mariah Carey - 100%!

After a snippet of Mariah Carey's "100 %" leaked a few months ago I was quite excited to hear the full version of the track. The track was meant to serve as the official soundtrack for "Precious", a movie Carey stars in. However, it was replaced with Mary J. Blige's "I Can See In Colour". Take a listen to "100%" below and let me know what you think!


I'm really enjoying this track. It's great to see another JD and MC collaboration as I definitely missed their chemistry on her latest studio album. The other great thing about this track is the varied lyrical content, besides "Hero" there are few 'inspirational' Carey songs which don't deal with love. Tidbit: Mariah takes us to church with her vocal runs at around 3:42, I'd love to see this live!

No comments:

Post a Comment