Oct 2, 2009

Slept On: Toni Braxton - Libra!

News has been a bit slow today so I thought I'd introduce a new post, "Slept On". It's basically just all the albums that I feel were completely underrated or didn't deserve the success they deserved! With new Toni Braxton material out and an upcoming album in the works, "Libra", her last effort released in 2005 is the perfect album for this post.

The first single off the album, "Please" was produced by Scott Storch and failed to have any lasting impact on the charts. The second unofficial single, "Trippin" is possibly my favourite track off the album and to this day one of the RnB songs I can continuously listening to on repeat.

This was and is still one of my favourite RnB albums that I own and I really recommend it for any RnB lover. My favourite tracks off the album are:

"Please"
"Trippin (That's The Way Love Works)"
"Midnite"
"I Wanna Be (Your Baby)"
"Sposed To Be"
"I Hate You"
"Long Way Home"

If you are able to get hold of a bonus track "Places" it's also a great track which is well worth a listen!

I've also posted a YouTube video of Toni performing "Trippin" at the BET Awards. Check out the incredible performance below and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment